Before reporting any trouble in installing the library, please ensure
that the following points are correctly configured.
Most of the problems for the compilation of the core C library should be related to an incorrect configuration
- Problems when linking. The environment variable associated with
dynamic library should be set to YAELROOT/yael.
||yael library name
||command to check missing libs
||otool -L libyael.dylib
Note that the path to the dynamic library can also be hardcoded in the
code that used i, with -Wl,-rpath,YAELROOT. This is done for
- Python. The PYTHONPATH environment variable should
point to YAELROOT. The *_LIBRARY_PATH variable does not need to be set.
- Segfault in Mexfile: MacOS 32/64 bits. If you have a 32 bits Matlab
version with MacOS, then you should check that you have used the
flag --mac32 when configuring Yael.
- In Matlab, some issues come from the regular changes in releases of Matlab. We do our best to find some solutions (because we need this ourselves).
- On MacOS, the use by default of the LLVM compiler also cause some (solvable) issues to use multi-threading in some of the functions. By default, multi-threading is disabled. Yet it is still available in some functions involving matrix multiplication, such as yael_nn.